Clicky Web Analytics

Thursday, December 27, 2007

#22 (Week 9) ebooks and audiobooks

I'm still a purist when it comes to books. I love the feel of the printed page; but I do enjoy being able to listen to a good book on my mp3 player or read a book on my phone when I don't have my favorite paperback with me. I've never read a book-length work online, but I have been to Project Gutenberg before and I have used it for research. I discovered LibriVox through the 23 Things and was excited about listening and even recording some of my favorite books. And even though I haven't taken the time to do that yet, I still hope to. I think it would be a great project for students-- one way to know for certain that they read the book!

A site I found interesting was Gutenberg's top 100 ebooks downloaded.

A google gadget for finding free ebooks

"Justfreebooks is a search engine that allows the user to search the pages of more than 450 sites of free ebooks, including gutenberg.org, wikibooks.org and archive.org. With Justfreebooks, one can find public domain texts, open ebooks, free audio books, ad-supported ebooks and more."

No comments: