Clicky Web Analytics

Sunday, March 15, 2009

My comparison of free wikis (work in progress)

I've worked with wikis for almost every class in the MLIS program and they have all been hosted at PBwiki, but I was curious whether or not it was the best choice (for my purposes) or just the popular choice in the program and amongst the Library Learning 2.0 crowd. I started with Wikipedia's entry on wiki farms. I immediately ruled out subscription hosting sites which left:


BluWiki
ClearWiki
EditThis.info
GROU.PS SuperWiki
Hive Wiki
Intodit
MyFreeWiki
Netcipia
Uwiki.com seems to still be a work in progress the wiki is here.
Wikia
Wikihost.org
Wiki-site.com
Wiki Spot
Wikkii
WikyBlog.com

This is a good reference to using the engine that most of these wikifarms use.

Still reviewing these sites. . .

This is a great article that deflates some of the hype around wikis.

No comments: