Clicky Web Analytics

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

#11 Week 5

Since I have already looked at Technorati and Bloglines I explored Findory. Rather than clicking on one of the stories I went directly for the search bar and typed in "librarianship" (what can I say, I'm impatient). After just a little digging I came across The Library Instruction Wiki which should be very useful. In fact next week I'll be introducing a small summer school class to the library so I may be able to find some useful handouts and lessons.



Above is a picture of an entry for the ALA conference in the Library Instruction Wiki. As near as I can figure it had been spammed by someone who wanted to sell ringtones. So I made my first ever edit to a Wiki; I deleted the spam. But since this was my first edit and I was not 100% sure that it was spam I also started a discussion about the page noting what I deleted and asking for an explanation if it was not spam. If you have seen this kind of thing before please let me know. Here is a picture of the page after the edit:



Just as a side note, in order to make this entry and place the photos where I wanted them I had to cut and paste the html for the photo in the correct place since the only web options are to post the photos at the top. This is easy but if there are users who are intimidated by html then it is a limitation.

No comments: