Clicky Web Analytics

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

#6 Week 3 Playing with Flickr Fun


Ok, I'm starting to like Flickr a lot more. I'll admit that before doing this exercise, I really only thought of it as a place to store photos and a way to let out of state family see those photos. But after checking fd's flickr toys and 1001 uploading app, I've seen some of the possibilities. One of the features of 1001 is that it will stream pictures that people are posting at the moment they are posting. This may not be interesting to everyone, but I find it fastinating, like having my finger on the pulse of the zeitgeist.

Curriculum Connection:
Idea 1: Collaborate with English teachers to create movie posters of the books they are reading. Students have to first identify passages that give physical discriptions of main characters. Then they pick an important scene and reconstruct that scene as a digital photo. (I can see them having a lot of fun working together in costumes, wigs, etc. for this) then create the movie poster of the book. The best posters could even be put up in the library!

The chipmunk is my daughter. Yep, she's a star.

No comments: