Clicky Web Analytics

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Librarian 1947

One of my assignments for libr 200 Information and Society asks the question of how the librarian has been portrayed in the media. I figured I'd get a head start and link to this video The Librarian 1947. I'm sure I'll find others. My favorite line is "Working with the public means working with all types of people." and you see a room full of white middle class patrons. The sexism is also a bit much "I didn't mind the research on them doctor, but the pronunciation had me stumped for bit." ugghh!

2 comments:

Becca said...

At the other extreme, when I started on my MLIS, one of the first films I was introduced to was "Party Girl" with Parker Posey........

Brian.Luke.Thomas said...

I checked out "Party Girl" on IMDB; I'm going to have to rent it now. :-)